Rakbo Scholarship Essay Competition
- ELIGIBILITY. RAKBO LLC’S ESSAY COMPETITION IS ADMINISTERED BY RAKBO LLC. THIS CONTEST IS OPEN TO INDIVIDUALS ONLY. ENTRIES BY CONTENT MARKETING GROUPS AND MEDIA PRODUCTION COMPANIES WILL BE IGNORED.
- DISCLAIMER. Rakbo LLC will not be responsible for: (a) any late, lost or incomplete entries; (b) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Competition. BY AGREEING TO THESE RULES AND REGULATIONS, EACH ENTRANT AFFIRMS THAT HE/SHE, AGREES TO THE GENERAL RELEASE BELOW AND RELEASES HIS/HER ESSAY TO BE USED FOR PUBLICATION PURPOSES by RAKBO LLC.
- COMPETITION PERIOD. The Competition shall run in two month cycles starting February 1st 2018 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Standard Time (EST) and shall continue until December 31st 2018 at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) (‘Competition Period’). Complete contest entries must be received during the Competition Period. To enter go to www.rakbo.com/scholarship and electronically submit your essay.
- SUBMITTAL REQUIREMENTS. The essay submission must be the work solely of, and original to, the Entrant. Entries must conform to the spirit of the Rakbo LLC. Rakbo LLC has sole discretion to disqualify entrant’s essays should its content be inconsistent with Rakbo’s mission. Entries must be in English and must be submitted in Microsoft Word format.
Eligible entries must meet the following criteria:
- Essay submission must be the original work of the entrant.
- All essay submissions must be at or near 1000 words.
- All entries must be made electronically in accordance with the provided instructions. Directly emailed or mailed paper submissions will not be accepted.
- Essay submission must be received by 11:59 p.m. EDT the last day of every two month submission window.
- DETERMINATION OF WINNER. All Entrants who submit a valid entry are eligible for their submission to be judged. The essay submissions will be cut to a final three based on engagement scores – most shares, likes and comments. Rakbo editorial staff will choose rank order of the finalists based equally on their content, quality of writing, clarity of thought and creativity of the submission.
- PRIZE. $150 dollar, $50 or $25 micro-scholarship are awarded every two months Winner is solely responsible for any taxes, whether federal, state or local, on the Prize. Rakbo LLC will make good faith effort to reach out to winners.
The Winner will have one month from time of award of Prize to collect their prize. After one month from award of the Prize, Winner will forfeit the Prize. Odds of winning the Prize will depend on the number of eligible entries.
BY SUBMITTING – EACH ENTRANT AGREES TO THE GENERAL RELEASE BELOW AND RELEASES HIS/HER ESSAY TO BE USED FOR PUBLICATION BY RAKBO LLC.
- GENERAL RELEASE. By entering the Competition, all Entrants release Rakbo LLC from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Competition or delivery, misdelivery, acceptance, possession, use of or inability to use the Prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory. Further, each Entrant acknowledges that much of the material that will be submitted as part of the Competition may embody materials, suggestions, or ideas substantially similar to those which have been developed by others.
Entrant releases Rabko LLC from any claim or liability with respect to the use of similar materials, that the materials submitted are free from any lien or claim by anyone that the entry does not infringe in whole or in part on any rights of any other party; and that Entrant agrees to indemnify and hold Rakbo LLC and their respective affiliated companies, employees, directors, agencies, representatives and suppliers, harmless from any claims, suits, losses, damages and expenses (including reasonable attorney fees) that arise from the breach of the foregoing terms and conditions.
- NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES. This site and Competition is provided on an ‘AS IS’ basis. Rakbo LLCS make no representations or warranties of any kind express or implied, as to the operation of the site or the information, content, materials, or products included on this site. To the full extent permissible by applicable law, Rakbo LLC disclaims all warranties, express or implied. Rakbo LLC and contest entities will not be liable for any damages of any kind arising from the use of this site, including, but not limited to direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, and consequential damages.
- MISCELLANEOUS. The Competition and these Official Rules will be governed, construed and interpreted under the laws of the United States. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited. Any claim made in connection with the Competition or any entry shall be determined in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, without regard to its conflicts of law rules. All claims shall be brought in the Federal or state courts located within the City of Indianapolis, IN. Entrants agree that such jurisdiction is acceptable to them. Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of Rakbo LLC, which are final and binding in all respects. Rakbo LLC reserves the right(but will likely not) to change these Official Rules at any time, in its sole discretion, and to suspend or cancel the Competition or any Entrant’s participation in the Competition.
Entrants who violate these Official Rules, tamper with the operation of the Competition or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to Rakbo LLC, are subject to disqualification from entry into the Competition. Rakbo LLC reserves the right to disqualify persons whose eligibility is in question or who have been disqualified or are otherwise ineligible to enter the Competition. Except where prohibited by law, the Winner grants permission for Rakbo LLC, their advertising and promotional agencies, and those acting under their authority to use the Winner’s name, photograph, voice and/or likeness, in whole or in part, for business, advertising and/or publicity purposes in all media, now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide and on the Internet without notice, review, approval, additional compensation or time limitation.
Entrants further agree that Rakbo LLC, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, agents and representatives, employees, officers and directors of each, and any other person or entity related in any way to this Competition, will have no liability and shall be held harmless by entrant against any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to persons, including death or property damage, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of the Prize or benefit resulting from or related to the Competition.
By participating in this Competition, entrant agrees to waive any right to claim ambiguity or any deficiency in these Official Rules or the Competition, including its administration.
- QUESTIONS. If you have any questions about these Official Rules or the Competition, please send email us at [email protected].
- WINNER LIST. For the name of the Winner, see rakbo.com/scholarship and subscribe to our newsletter Link to subscribe.