- August 12, 2017
- Europe, France, Local Knowledge, Rakbo Explains, Survival Guides, Travel, Travel Trivia
- europe, métro, Paris, Parisian, stations, stress, study abroad, subway, tips, travel, traveler, traveller, tube, underground
The Paris metro system got your muddle in a fuddle? Start navigating like a pro with our ULTIMATE guide to one of Europe’s most iconic transport networks.
- August 8, 2017
- Europe, Everyday Life, France, Rakbo Explains, Travel, Travel Trivia
- Armistice, Ascension, Assumption, Bastille, Christmas, closed, Easter, French, halloween, holidays, Labor day, May 8th, museum, New year's day, Whit Monday, why
How do you celebrate in a country with 246 types of cheese? With wine, of course! Party like a local with this complete guide to France’s national holidays.
- July 26, 2017
- Europe, France, Health, Local Knowledge, News, Rakbo Explains, Rakbo News, Survival Guides, Travel
- attacks, exchange student, France, international student, Paris, safe, safety, security, student exchange, study abroad, Terrorism, terrorist, tips, travel, travel safety, traveler, traveling, traveller
In light of recent terrorism attacks, you might be questioning whether France is still safe for travel. Here, Ondine sheds light on the situation.
- July 7, 2017
- Europe, Featured, Italy, Travel, Travel Trivia
- Cinque Terre, Corniglia, explore, italy, Liguria, Manarola, Monterosso, Riomaggiore, summer, travel, trip, Vernazza
Discover the paradise known as Le Cinque Terre! Located in Northern Italy, these five coastal towns are sure to dazzle even the most experienced traveler!
- June 18, 2017
- Country Survival Guides, Europe, Italy, Local Knowledge, Survival Guides, Travel, Travel Trivia
- beach, Chianti, city, holidays, Idea, italy, nature, relax, summer, Tuscany
With natural beauties and cultural riches, there are so many reasons to love Tuscany! Get inspired with our holidays ideas for all types of travelers.
- June 16, 2017
- Europe, Featured, North America, Travel
- bigger, Colorado, europe, famous, France, places, portugal, preview, similarities, Spain, Surf, usa
While you put money aside for your real journey to the United States, here are 5 places in Europe that can be a ‘preview’ of a few famous places in the USA.
- June 7, 2017
- Everyday Life, Health
- abroad, blues, depression, exchange, hardtime, homesick, homesickness, mid-stay blues, Midstay, problem, sad, sadness, solution, student, testimony
Nothing is scarier than the moment you move from “How long I have been here?” to “How much time do I have left?” And it’s called the mid-stay blues.
The best way to master a foreign language is immersion. And studying abroad is as immersive as it gets! Here are some tips to how to make the most of this time.
- April 5, 2017
- Everyday Life, Featured, Local Knowledge, Travel
- abroad, Blend in, Chameleon, fit in, Foreigner, Locals, Observation, study
After having enough time to enjoy being a tourist, it’s time to look like a local. Blending in is the next step after fitting in: the goal is that no one can guess that you are a foreigner without hearing your accent.
- March 17, 2017
- Academic, Career Advice, Everyday Life, Health, Travel
- abroad, basketball, experience, fit in, friendships, healthy, spirit, sport, Team, workout
I’m in Italy for one year and I’ve been part of a basketball team since September. I testify to show you that joining a sport team abroad is worth it!
- February 15, 2017
- Academic, Everyday Life, Health, Travel
- abroad, change, experience, Fresh, New, Start, studying, you
New places, New culture, New people, New routine… why not a New YOU? From a slight change to a radical one, the most important is to feel good!
- February 3, 2017
- Academic, Everyday Life, Featured, Health, Travel
- considerations, exchange student, experience, going abroad, leaving home, questions, study-abroad student
Sometimes leaving your home country doesn’t go as expected. If you think you’re ready, ask yourself these questions before studying abroad.