- July 18, 2017
- Everyday Life, Featured, Travel, Travel Trivia
- alternative travel guide, alternative ways to explore, exchange student, guide for new cities, international student, new city exploration, new ways to explore a new city, student exchange, study abroad, travel, travel alternatively, traveler, traveling, traveller
Skip the tour buses and travel groups! Instead, take a look at these five alternative ways to explore a new city the next time you’ve caught the travel bug!
- June 25, 2017
- Destinations, Featured, Local Knowledge, North America, Travel, Travel Trivia, USA
- austin, budget holidays in the usa, chicago, cities in the usa for holiday, denver, jekyll island, nashville, New Orleans, portland, student holidays that won't break the bank, student holidays united states, summer holiday for a budget, summer holidays for students on a budget, usa holiday destinations for students on a budget, yosemite national park
Need a vacation destination in the USA that WON’T break the bank? Then check out these summer holiday destinations for students on a budget!
- May 20, 2017
- Destinations, Local Knowledge, North America, Travel, Travel Trivia
- a minute history of new york city, history, New York, new york city, new york minute history, NY, NYC, simple history, travel, traveler
Forget those thick history guides. Here’s the history of New York City from its foundation to the present, in one simple laundry list.
- May 14, 2017
- Everyday Life, Travel
- american girls abroad, americans abroad, curious adventures, funny questions, funny questions i ask myself while travling, leaving the usa, questions i ask myself while traveling abroad, questions i ask when i leave america, the usa, united states travel, wanderlust adventures
Sometimes we’re too intimidated to quiz strangers. So we ask ourselves – to amusing effect! Here are some hilarious questions Diana asks herself abroad.
- May 3, 2017
- Europe, Featured, Local Knowledge, Travel, Travel Trivia
- bucharest, budapest, bulgaria, czech republic, eastern europe, europe, finland, helsinki, hungary, krakow, poland, prague, romania, sofia, study abroad, travel guides, travel tips, unconventional cities, wanderlust
Instead of going back to conventional cities like London, Paris and Amsterdam, why not head east to explore cities you may not have considered before?
We’ve all been there: you just arrive at the airport only for your suitcase wheel to pop off or for your phone charger to go missing when you see that your battery is at 5%. Fear not with these five tips to help you travel hassle and trouble-free.
- January 17, 2017
- Academic, Career Advice, Featured, North America, Travel, USA
- abroad, Advice, american, career, doing a masters abroad as an american, graduate, graduation, master's, master's degrees for americans, masters degree, masters degrees abroad, office, Passport, study, travel, travel abroad as an american
Don’t want to settle for the 9-5 office life after graduation? Great, because you don’t have to. If you love learning about new cultures and exploring different places of the world, why not apply to graduate programs and pursue one abroad instead.
- December 12, 2016
- Featured, Health, Rakbo Explains, Travel
- abroad, anxiety, fear, fear of flying, flying, long flights, long haul travel, remedies, tips, travel, tricks
For someone who travels so much, you’d think I’d have flying down. Truth is, many frequent flyers have the same fear of flying. Fear no more with these six survival tips when on long-haul flights to your next destination.
- November 16, 2016
- Everyday Life, Travel
- abroad, explore, films, foreign, fulfilling, globe, indie films, travel, wanderlust
The world opens up to you when you travel, and sometimes, it opens your mind up to more possibilities when you watch it on a screen first. Here are five films that you should keep on your radar before heading out on your own adventure.
- October 25, 2016
- Everyday Life, North America, Rakbo Explains, Travel Trivia, USA
- all hallow's eve, america, candy, celebrations, costumes, fun, halloween, holiday, party, trick or treat, united states, usa
Forget Thanksgiving and Christmas. Halloween has taken over the holiday scene in the US and we’re here for it. Read on to discover what makes Americans so obsessed with the old Celtic tradition now turned national, candy-crazed phenomenon.
- October 13, 2016
- Europe, Everyday Life, Featured, Local Knowledge, North America, Travel
- australia, britain, cafe culture, cafes, coffee, coffee culture, coffee culture around the world, coffee culture in the world, coffee life, costa rica, Culture, cup of coffee, cuppa joe, europe, european coffee lifestyle, ireland, italy, netherlands, sweden, turkey, usa, where to drink coffee around the world, where to drink coffee in europe
The world runs on coffee. At many corners in many countries, there’s no doubt that you’ll find something unique about the universal morning thirst quencher, whether it be how it’s prepared, served, or where it can be found. Learn more about the coffee culture in these eight countries around the world.